The Operational Risk Transformation Programme (ORTP) will implement a revised Operational Risk Framework for HSBC, including policies and standards, processes and procedures, technology and tools, all underpinned by a risk aware culture and ways of working. The programme will satisfy internal business needs and address regulatory concerns particularly from the Monitor and PRA. The ORTP completed its Definition stage in APR14, with Execution planned to run until late 2017.
The programme includes alignment and integration of the key operational risk processes and systems across the 2nd Line of Defence (2LoD) functions, particularly Operational Risk (Op Risk), Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) and RC.
The ORTP requires certain activities to be completed by RC in order to meet regulatory and programme deadlines, and in some instances means elements of the RCTP to be accelerated. Achieving this level and pace of change requires additional resources to work alongside existing BAU RC resources and the business (1LoD).
The role of a RCA Delivery Manager is to:
* Oversee the implementation of the revised RCA procedures (as they relate to RC) into the RCA refresh in 2016 and beyond.
* Role purpose:
* Initially to support the delivery of the Risk and Controls assessment refresh.
* In addition as new workstreams come online to support the completenesss activity in RC in order to meet the requirements of the workstream that the SME is allocated to.
* The critical workstreams in 2016 include:
* Build and roll out of new Op Risk management system.
Training across RC risk function for new framework, processes, system and risk assessments.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
The role requires skills and capabilities in:
* RC, Op Risk or Audit experience or other related experience such as risk management, examination, or similar control-related experience - either in a line role or within a project.
* Understanding of Regulation impacting a Global Bank.
* Client focused, with strong relationship building, stakeholder facilitation, analytical and project management skills.
* Good quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - especially data analysis.
* Sound judgment and problem solving skills, ability to think laterally.
* Keen sense of urgency - able to achieve results quickly.
* High level of professional and personal integrity.
* Good understanding of the financial markets.
* Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.