Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
* To lead multiple component teams in the delivery of software releases for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources.
* To build and maintain good client relationships, working closely with project managers to ensure effective delivery within the required project timescales and budget.
* To build and maintain good stakeholder relationships in line with stakeholder map.
* Plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, testing and deployment of a quarterly release for an application product (or number of products).
* Coordinate the demands of a number of projects into one delivery plan.
* Liaise with project managers to identify and engage the right resources needed to ensure the success of project(s) and /or release(s).
* Work closely with the assigned lead engineer(s) to deliver technical strategies for the application components and ensure that change projects are designed and implemented using best practice
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment.
* Liaise with project / product managers, keeping them updated on release progress against milestones, risks, issues and finances.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with Technology team(s) to ensure changes deliver to time, cost and quality measures.
* Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
Delivery and Supplier Management
* Ensure the effective development of robust, effective application / product changes for all projects within a software release.
* Manage aggregate change control and configuration management for any application / product releases. Recommend appropriate way forward to key stakeholders based on outcome of impact assessments.
Transition into Run
* Collaborate with the application support / service teams to ensure smooth transition of applications into their BAU environments.
* Manage the successful delivery of application / product releases into the production environment.
* Ensure that all release-related service incidents are resolved during delivery and warranty periods.
* End-to-end software development lifecycle, Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
* Project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques, services within IT. Ability to interface with infrastructure and service management areas
* Experience of working with business and technology stakeholders,change across the software development lifecycle,managing 3rd party suppliers and Team/People management, ideally across multiple locations
* Likely to have managed a delivery of approx £1 - £5m. Financial services Large-scale blue-chip organisations such as Barclays, Broad knowledge of Barclays Group