Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other.
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
Job Title: Recovery and Resolution Planning Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President
You'll be supporting the development of Deutsche Bank's variant resolution strategies (e.g. Asset separation tool, sale of businesses and bridge bank) and business reorganisation planning (measures to restore the Banks' long term viability) efforts. This involves working closely with Senior Management from the businesses and infrastructure functions to assess how various resolution tools can work together; and creating a framework for defining Deutsche Bank's business structure post-resolution. You'll also be responsible for managing the Group's separation analysis which addresses the feasibility and timing of separating assets, businesses and legal entities in a resolution scenario.
* Managing Deutsche Bank's variant resolution planning strategies by analysing regulations relating to resolution tools and developing a strategy as to how resolution tools work together
* Supporting the development of a business re-organisation plan to define Deutsche Bank's business structure post-resolution
* Leading Deutsche Bank's response to regulatory enquiries on variant strategies, business reorganisation and separation topics
* Developing and producing memos, papers and presentations for global Regulators and Senior Management on Group resolution planning activities
* Managing and communicating with Senior Stakeholders on the requirements of Recovery and Resolution Planning
* Participating in ad-hoc projects and supporting Senior Management as required
Skills & Qualifications:
* A specialty in one of Finance, Legal, Strategy or Risk disciplines and / or extensive experience in, and knowledge of, one of Deutsche Bank's core business units
* An outstanding record in delivering complex projects and engaging a variety of stakeholders
* A strong ability to develop effective relationships with key businesses and infrastructure functions
* An appetite to work in areas outside previous expertise or comfort zone and an ability to get up to speed quickly
* Ability to engage and co-ordinate senior stakeholders, working towards an agreed objective and timeline
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Excellent Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
* Capability to work in a dynamic environment
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written. German language skills beneficial
* Rigorous and meticulous in the production of senior management and regulatory deliverables
* Driven to succeed with a focus on driving progress against timelines
* A strategic thinker and a self-starter with strong organisational skills
* A strong team player with the ability to take ownership and work independently
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.