About Infrastructure Services
* Global Technology Infrastructure Services is a team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
* We are about to embark on a four hundred million pound journey to truly transform the IT infrastructure of Barclays. To enable us to achieve these ambitions we are looking to recruit highly motivated individuals who are keen to drive the delivery and adoption of cutting edge technologies.
Overall purpose of role
The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
* Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of small- to medium-scale projects.
* Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
* Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
* Ensures that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
* Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
Change Implementation, planning & Management:
Defining and managing the process of deploying and integrating IT capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to, and fully compatible with, business operations.
* Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new technical capabilities will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration, etc.
* Initiates the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies.
Deep understanding of control concepts and practices:
* Has a wide network within the organisation and shows integrity while addressing challenging situations;
* Experienced at implementing or managing function-wide risk management processes and tools;
* Actively identifies and mitigates risks while weighting the pros and cons of various risk management models;
Delivery & Project Management
Experienced with concepts of delivery:
* Has analysed and documented specific projects' business requirements and strategic resolution initiatives; can describe alternative problem-solving approaches and their optimal uses;
* Has been able to maintain a dialogue in difficult situations;
* Experienced with planning, estimating, staffing, organising, and managing multiple projects; had monitored and dealt with critical paths and risks areas;
Specifically for Project Management:
* Has in-depth knowledge of the project lifecycle process
* Leads in the preparation of project documentation throughout the project lifecycle, which also includes the business case
* Can perform sensitivity analysis of a business case and compare scenario-based outcomes
* Responsible for project costs and resources, tracking actuals against budget
* Proactively identifies risks, issues and dependencies and can perform analysis on value at risk and mitigation options across a project
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.