Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
About Barclays UK Technology
Barclays UK is made up of our UK retail banking operations, mortgages, UK consumer credit cards business, our UK-based Wealth offering and Business Banking for smaller businesses. We aim to offer great joined-up products and services, adding up to a truly connected business that will build meaningful relationships and a reliable, flawless experience for customers and clients - at every step, at every key life moment.
About CIO Open Banking
Open Banking forms part of the overall Barclays UK Technology business and describes a world where, with customers' consent, banking data can freely flow between organisations to create new/enhanced products, services and experiences. It is facilitated by key legislation, enabling banks, Fintechs and other third Parties to transform their relationships with customers and derive new commercial opportunities.
Overall purpose of role
As understanding of the CMA and PSD2 regulations and Open Banking grows and our internal API development capability matures, we need a systematic and well-structured response to the opportunities and threats that will ensue. The role of the Senior Project Manager will to be to deliver and drive projects which are part of the overall Open Banking Programme that meets the intentions of the Barclays UK from a medium to long term strategic perspective.
* Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of projects within the Open Banking portfolio requiring significant effort in business and technology processes and systems resulting in transformational change. Whilst ensuring a consistent high standard of integrated change across the bank.
* Provide challenging opportunities to develop skills in transformational change across business and technology domains
* Work with Agile and Waterfall methodologies to further accelerate transformation
* Be accountable to the Programme Manager for quality and control of all services provided to them. In so doing identify and manage all relevant Principal and Key Risk types within with all applicable regulatory requirements.
* Manage supply chain and stakeholders via standard communications
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver on agile roadmap on time with quality and consistency with greater emphasis on automation.
* Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Agile Created - to build fast and react to changing needs instantly. Lean Enabled - to ensure our underlying processes and platforms are efficient and robust
* Successful delivery leadership of large, transformational technology-enabled programmes
* Programme / project budget responsibility up to £2m
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Line management responsibilities of circa 4-5 colleagues
* Matrix manage and direct teams of up to 50 project team members
* Manage internal and external supplier engagements
* Oversee and managed service staff as required
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.