Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role:
* Responsible for the inception, planning and delivery of operation and technology changes for one or more Collections and Recoveries projects (potentially across multiple locations) and associated management tasks.
Key specific accountabilities
* Project Management
* Exercises day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of business aligned projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards
* Manages suppliers in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
* Provides day to day direction to the Project team and oversees the agreed change budgets.
* Drives the planning framework, ensuring that plans are developed and tracked to appropriate standards, are integrated effectively across all work-streams, are unambiguous and achievable, and that dependencies are clearly understood and managed
* Owns and drives the effective governance of the Project ensuring that Bank technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the Project governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the Project
* Manages and co-ordinates projects, their interdependencies, and associated risks and issues, escalating as appropriate
* Controls the Project scope, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised
* Ensures the Project resource plan is maintained and met and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
* Actively manages and challenges supplier resource models where appropriate
* Ensures delivery of projects meets requirements and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
* Ensures that all Project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports to the Programme Manager and Programme governance forums at agreed intervals
* Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
* Provides an ongoing `health check' to confirm that delivery meets the Project's objectives and continues to make effective use of available funds and resources
* Stakeholder management and leadership.
* Expert in concepts and practices of Leadership, the coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change
* Demonstrates expert ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
* Commands respect as a role model for future leaders; inspires outstanding performance in difficult circumstances;
* Encourages decision-making at the lowest level
* Initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders.
* Decision making and problem solving.
* Communicates difficult or complex ideas clearly, even to multiple or senior managers;
* Displays ability to reach decisions under conditions of uncertainty or high risk.
* Experienced with the set-up and running of project governance structures.
* Experienced leading the delivery of business change projects
* Contributes to the development and adoption of best practices in project management.
* Proactively identifies risks, issues and dependencies and can perform analysis on value at risk and mitigation options across a complex project, can flag strategic risks for business executives and lead its mitigation across stakeholders
* Highly articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication
* Presents concepts to high level audiences or in pressure situations (i.e., to influence key individuals)
* Listens to questions, identifies the key issues, and responds to the stated and implied issues
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
* Experienced project manager skills in both business and technical capacity
* A recognised industry Project Management qualification in either Waterfall or Agile methodologies such as, Prince2, Agile PM, PMP.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.