Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Responsible for inception, planning, and delivery of one or more projects or project phases and associated leadership and management tasks.
Key specific accountabilities.
* The end to end management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes and technology infrastructure and applications to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
* Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects
* Ensures that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained and that a change control procedure is in place
* Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders
* Stakeholder management and leadership.
* Expert in concepts and practices of Leadership, the coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change
* Decision making and problem solving.
* Able to resolve contractual issues involving technology vendors and consultants;
* Communicates difficult or complex ideas clearly, even to multiple or senior managers;
* Experienced with the set-up and running of project/ programme governance structures.
* Experienced leading the delivery of large scale, complex change projects
* Contributes to the development and adoption of best practices in project management.
* Proactively identifies risks, issues and dependencies and can perform analysis on value at risk and mitigation options across a complex programme, can flag strategic risks for business executives and lead its mitigation across stakeholders.(e.g., PgMP accreditation from the PMI)
* Experienced Project Management skills in both business and technical capacity
* A recognised industry Project Management qualification in either Waterfall or Agile methodologies such as APMG Project management, Prince2, Agile PM, Scrum, DSDM, PMBOK, PMI, PMP, FIRE ,SAFe, LeSS, Lean Software Development.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.