GBM COO is the central business support function, managing multiple product and locations to support investment banking activities
HSBC is currently engaged in a program of change, to manage the business and regulatory requirements across its European businesses and functions, in response to Brexit.
Purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to run the client workstream, ensuring: 1) senior stakeholders are engaged
2) a client communications plan is executed
3) HSBC understand which clients need to be migrated, when and where
4) a smooth client transition process is put in place and acted on
5) a trade novation strategy is created, agreed and acted on
Relationship manager(RM)/sales person/client engagement, training and communications
· Responsible for delivering RM / salesperson training and communications. Run fortnightly steerco with senior representative (MD) level from impacted groups. Defined communication strategy (both internal and external). Orchestrate initial client engagement via online questionnaire. Ensure all key stakeholders are kept up to date with recent developments and understand impacts to their areas. Organise and attend external client meetings.
Client scoping for Brexit impact
· Work with external and internal legal teams to define Brexit scope. Define rules and methodology for identifying in-scope clients and funds. Coordinate sign off for clients scope lists and delivery of lists to impacted areas.
Client migration from UK to European balance sheet
· Work with client onboarding team to define and implement an enhanced process to quickly move exiting clients from the UK to European HSBC entities. Get agreement from key impacted teams (KYC, Credit, Legal) to approve lift and shift of exiting profiles data/document from UK to Europe. Using impacted client scope, agree resource impact onto operational teams to produce effort estimates and resource requests.
Trade novation strategy
· Work with the financial resources management team to model the impact of trade novation from UK to European balance sheets. Key metrics modelled include RWA, leveraged exposure, revenue and capital requirements. Major impacts shown included margin (IM/VM), mandatory clearing and tax.
* Detailed Investment Banking experience in the Front Office, Client Onboarding, Operations and Legal
* years experience of project management and business analysis in the Markets area of an investment bank
* Expert in Excel
* Exposure to Client Reference Data / Trade data / PnL within an Investment Bank
Including: General comments of type of Candidate required, any minimum requirements that you have that have not already been detailed.
A confident experienced individual with proven delivery skills across a variety of roles. A person who is used to tough environments and able to confidently manage senior stake-holders and working within a collaborative environment.