Job Title Portfolio Manager
The role of a Project Manager will manage a portfolio of projects, delivering a complex and dependent set of digital Branch technology initiatives, work closely with multiple component teams in the delivery of hardware and software releases for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources. This person will build and maintain excellent client relationships, working closely with application and infrastructure project managers to ensure effective delivery within the required project timescales and budget.
* Provide thought leadership in Banking technology software development and engineering and programme delivery management
* Define and deliver multiple projects to plan
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment.
* Work with project / product managers, to manage projects to milestones, risks, issues and finances.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with other Technology team(s) to manage dependencies and ensure projects deliver to time, cost and quality measures.
* Be the visible point of contact for the portfolio delivery and a role model of delivery excellence
* Support the Planning, coordinating and supervision of all activities related to the design, engineering, development, testing and delivery of projects
* Scoping, planning, budgeting and forecasting
* Management of approved budgets and commitments related to the portfolio of projects
* Ensure that suppliers are provided with necessary support relating to Barclays systems, technologies, strategies and standards, to enable the supplier to successfully undertake their assignment.
* Project/Programme management qualification with experience of managing a portfolio of projects (£5-£10m cash per annum) in a complex organisation
* Experience of leading onshore and offshore development and project teams
* Experience of software engineering and development
* Experience of delivering change in a complex organisation
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.