Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
* Leadership of large scale programmes across the business; driving transformational change by shaping approved ideas and turning them into deliverable roadmaps with the right mix of resources, internal and external capabilities, risk management and financial management.
* Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework.
* Management of stakeholders through the project and programme lifecycle.
* Lead a motivated, high performing team, working as one to achieve and often beat their plans and targets.
* Being perceived as a role model in pioneering collaboration and demonstrating high levels of confidence in his/her ability to manage and motivate their team to deliver.
* Being an active leader in the overall Mortgage business and championing technology strategy.
* Overall accountability for the delivery of an end-to-end business and technology solution supported by the supply chain (internal and external) across multiple processes, systems and infrastructure. Includes shaping, planning, measurement against the business case, resource management and forecasting, plan management, stakeholder management and reporting, risk management and successfully landing change into BAU including ensuring that benefits can be measured by Accountable Executives.
* Champion and embed robust delivery methods and project controls following the SDLC lifecycle
* Technical Programme / project responsibility up to £10m
* Line management responsibilities of circa 4-5 colleagues and matrix manage and direct teams of up to 100 project team members and show the desired leadership qualities to maximise performance
* Manage internal and external supplier engagements
* Oversee and manage strategic partners as required
* Accountable for and the advanced knowledge of:
* project delivery activities aligning to the business case
* schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the programme / large project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery (integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communications management, risk management and procurement management)
* programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the programme and large project level
* the creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk composite indexing, risk control, and risk mitigation
* Deputising for the Programme Director and CIO as required. Acts as a role model in terms of behaviour and commitment to collaboration across the organisation
* Lead and champion key activities to enhance the wider CIO team culture such as but not limited to: Citizenship, Knowledge, Process & Tools, Resource Assignment Management, Recruitment & On-boarding, Professional Development and Culture.
* Be a key influencer in ensuring projects leverage the 5 C's - Customer, Colleague, Community, Conduct and Citizenship.
* Lead innovation through collaboration and championing out of the box thinking, new approaches and agile techniques.
* Project / programme management professional qualification e.g. Prince 2, PMI.
* Evidence of large scale programme management experience across the end to end lifecycle including business and technology change.
* Industry expertise to ensure credibility in creating solutions to business problems.
* Clear understanding of commercial factors and a strategic thinker.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.