HSBC's HTS GBM Equities has a state of the art global front office trading platform for cash equities and program trading.The core system upon which this platform is built is the Fidessa platform from Fidessa PLC.
This platform is being continuously enhanced to meet evolving business needs and exploit business opportunities. The primary nature of the enhancements planned is to leverage the capabilities of the platform to meet new business requests that have potential to increase profit. This role will be specifically focused around the new Electronic Trading components, encompassing Lowtouch and Algorithmic Trading technology.
The Equities IT team is staffed with talented, experienced and effective IT professionals to achieve the onward development of this (& other) platforms.
About HSBC HTS Global Banking & Markets
HSBC's HTS GBM business provides tailored financial solutions to major government, corporate and institutional clients world-wide. Managed as a global business, it operates a long-term relationship management approach to build a full understanding of client financial requirements. Clients are served by sector-based client service teams that combine relationship managers and product specialists to develop financial solutions to meet individual client needs.
This role is required to assist the support function for the Cash Equities and Derivatives and Prime business area. The main purpose of the role is to ensure and maintain business application stability as well as action client/user requests/problems.
The successful candidate will undertake in the following;
* 1st and 2nd front line support of a 24/5 production cycle including both 'Cash' orientated systems such as Fidessa and other Lowtouch Equities IT systems
* Ensure all incidents are logged and resolved
* Help develop and maintain an information repository of application support material that can be accessed by support resources
* Operate as part of a shift rota, covering the hours of 07:00 - 19:00 including bank holidays and some weekends.
* Liaison between 2nd and 3rd line teams, as well as development and other IT infrastructure departments
* Be able to provide incident and problem management
* Act in a strict change management regime, involving testing in UAT and like-live environments and weekend releases
* Small scale weekend application upgrade, configuration and patching across multiple environments in line with requirements
* Regular communications with an extensive client base to provide status updates, successful solutions as well as documenting all activities for future reference
* Be able manage communication/relationship with 3rd party vendors
* Have knowledge of working in a DevOps style environment
* Be able to show experience in automation within an agile production trading environment
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE (in order of importance)
Including: technical knowledge, company/industry experience, IT knowledge (levels required), languages etc.
* Understanding of equities program trading and algorithmic trading business
* Support experience in an investment banking environment
* Experience of working in a high pressure environment
* Graduate level computing qualification
* Extensive scripting and programming skills (esp TCL, SQL)
* 5+ years supporting Fidessa systems (esp FTW, TMAR, PMAC, OMAR, EMMA, FDA, RSPQ)
* Experience with Lowtouch, High Frequency trading/Low Latency applications and flows.
* Excellent understanding of standard equities algorithmic trading strategies
* Scripting and programming
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with developers, management and business users
* Willingness to take ownership for problem resolution and additional responsibilities where applicable
* Customer facing skills - to be able hold one's own in discussions with demanding front office users
* Experience managing 3rd party suppliers
* Process excellence - a passion to achieve results though effective organisation and process disciplines
* Ability to negotiate agreements and maintain effective business partnerships with peer support & operations groups.
(Please list any experience/skills that would be considered as desirable although not essential for this role)
* Experience of supporting one or more of the main trading, sales, risk management or Market Data applications
* Fidessa systems (esp FTW, TMAR, PMAC, OMAR, EMMA, FDA, RSPQ), GL, Portware, KDB, FIX, Bloomberg, Reuters.
* Strong investment banking background that includes either application development or application support in a front-office environment
* Worked in a Lowtouch, low latency environment
* Geneos ITRS configuration and maintenance experience
* Understanding of Capacity Management with ability to analyse current and future performance requirements