Nomura are currently looking for a Rates and Credit Production Support Analyst on a contract basis to join their production services team. This role does require rates experience and exposure to the credit business area. This role will require someone who has worked in a front office environment and has experience working with traders on a daily basis with strong product knowledge. From a technical perspective, you will have good Unix skills and an understanding of SQL. In addition we are looking for someone who knows the whole life-cycle of a trade.
The prime responsibility of a Rates Production Services team member is to manage the 1st and 2nd line support to the trading, risk, pricing, quoting and STP systems across the Rates and eRates business. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge of the Rates space and the tasksrequirements of running within a fast paced environment with a can do attitude.
A Secondary skillset of Credit support is also welcomed, with exposure to Dtructured and Credit Derivatives
Provide Production Services Support for a wide range of electronic trading platforms and applications including our suite of in-house based applications and vendor solutions (Bloomberg and ION). Ability to analyze and support electronic trade information, market data, price valuation, and risk from various platforms is essential. Business line coverage includes Fixed Income bonds, bond spreads, global rates, desirable skills would also include structured and credit derivatives. The electronic trading platform architecture consists of multiple external/internal applications designed to facilitate the successful execution of Rates Credit Structured and Swap trades.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Owenership and Communication of issues.
* Customer Service focused mentality.
* Experience working in a busy Production Support environment.
* Working knowledge of Fixed income Rates products and flows (Credit and Swaps a bonus
* Experience with electronic trading applications have connectivity to external trading applications such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb,and MarkItWire to send/retrieve informatio
* Working knowledge of Risk, P&L, STP and Pricing/Quoting flows
* Minimum 1 year experience with service-based architecture (no GUI).
* Able to navigate in UNIX Windows proficently, reading and understanding the UNIX file system.
* A good understanding ITIL practices.
* Able to troubleshoot problems in multiple environments.
* Ability to accurately document and share information with global peer group.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadlines.
* Able to handle a fast paced trading environment.
* Experience of monitoring software and maintainingimproving rulebases.
* Fixed income/derivatives product experience
* Autosys setup and configuration
* FIX Protocol/Understanding of FIX messages
* ION Trading Platform
* STP solutions
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.