About BCS Architecture and Engineering
Barclays Collaboration Services Architecture and Engineering are responsible for the technology strategy, architecture, design and engineering for the products that underpin Collaboration Services.
Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Overall purpose of role
The role will place you in a specialised engineering team who will create strategic and production ready solutions for the Bank. As a product engineer you will at a minimum:
* Influence design through review cycles
* Deploy and configure lab infrastructure
* Produce build and configuration artefacts that will lead to engineering standards
* Influence service strategy through review cycles
* Ensuring engineering activities conform to bank standards and policies.
* Work with other product engineers to ensure the delivered solution meets the defined outcomes
* Manage a Jira workload in line with strategic direction and incorporating priorities set from above.
* Supporting Agile working to deliver capability on time and to standards
* Adapts style to contribute and enhance overall team performance
* Work with Product Owner and Architect to ensure delivery within time/cost/quality constraints
* Works effectively with people across a wide range of disciplines and levels
* Integrate into the team and provide advice and guidance as appropriate to support the success of the function
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* A key skill will be the analysis of requirements and using knowledge and experience to engineer the solution to meet these requirements on the chosen technology.
* Expected to analyse working practices and come up with proactive/innovative solutions that benefit both the aligned and wider team.
* Drive forward efficiencies and automation within own technology
* Propose creative solutions to challenging problems such as time and cost constraints to continually move towards the strategic end state.
Candidate must have this specific experience and technology skills:
* SCCM Experience
* Design & architecture experience of global SCCM infrastructure, Documentation/presentation skills etc.
* SQL/TSQL & PowerShell knowledge
* Automation/Scripting experience specifically with SCCM classes, methods etc and Operating System Deployment knowledge/experience.
These skills will prove useful:
* C# / .NET Development
* Packaging Skills
* Flexera product set.
Non Technology Skills
* Previous experience in architecture and engineering teams desired but not essential
* Ability to work with in a rapidly changing environment - where goals and objectives often change at short notice
* Having the confidence to determine your own objectives that fit within the wider team goals, rather than rely on being instructed all the time
* Having a positive, can do, persistent attitude, even when the cards are stacked against you
* Working in an Agile environment.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity