To support the Senior Lead Procurement in determining and managing the sourcing strategy within a defined category or sub categories, identifying and engaging with key senior stakeholders to ensure a robust methodology is utilised to identify requirements, search and appraise appropriate supply sources and negotiate contracts. To manage the Visa sourcing process, including a detailed category market analysis and preparation of materials/reporting formats for management gateways. The job holder will also support the Senior Lead Procurement in providing sourcing and procurement advice to designated business areas, acting as a category centre of expertise to the business, and will contribute to the wider strategic planning of the Procurement Team.
KEY WORK OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within a designated category or sub-categories, supported by the Senior Lead Procurement.
* Support the Senior Lead Procurement by acting as a point of excellence to a specific business or function within Europe, supporting the leadership team, helping to formulate sourcing strategies which meet their business goals and assisting with any strategic decision making that requires procurement input.
* Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business / function's business drivers and have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall Visa business strategy.
* Advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
* Supporting the Senior Lead Procurement on the planning and prioritisation activities of the category or sub-categories, to ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered and that the right priorities are selected.
* Manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
* Maintain a holistic view across Visa both Europe and Globally, identifying opportunities for consolidation of business requirements across Visa and managing integration of stakeholder needs through engagement.
* Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
* Manage and ensure compliance to Visa's sourcing process, acting as a champion and internal consultant for each stage in the process.
* Develop category or sub-category strategy, plans, sourcing pipelines and "commit to saving" targets for sign-off by Senior Management.
* Develop key relationships with Europe Finance and Legal Business Partners
* Work with Finance Business partners throughout budget setting process ensuring alignment to the category sourcing pipeline
* Review sourcing activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy and process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
* Own, manage and track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the sourcing process and customer service for the category or sub-category managed.
* Guide and support any junior colleagues on sourcing and related procurement matters.
* Support the Sourcing Lead Procurement in driving a high performance culture, motivating and inspiring junior colleagues to deliver and exceed against performance objectives.
* Contribute to the wider Category Sourcing Team and provide representation on key change programmes and leadership forums across Visa.
* Develop relationships with Global Procurement counterparts ensuring alignment with the Global procurement strategy
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
* Postgraduate procurement accreditation preferred (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
* Minimum five years specific category sourcing experience in complex markets
* Proven track record in category / sub-categories, with comparable levels of spend and complexity
* Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in complex markets
* Strong levels of subject matter expertise, with deep market and supplier knowledge
* Good knowledge and application of best practice strategic sourcing process
* Good IT skills and working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
* Good supplier and contract management experience would be valuable
* Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management (with credibility up to levels 7 / 8)
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
* Project management experience would be an asset
* Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
* Experience in working in a fast paced Global organisation with multiple reporting lines