Competitive Salary and great benefits package
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your procurement career in our Global Sourcing and Supplier Management department. We welcome applicants who have sourcing experience from any sectors and procurement backgrounds.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
About Operations & Technology
Operations & Technology (O&T) spans the entire globe with colleagues located in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and in Asia Pacific. O&T works with the wider business to deliver world class products and services that deliver exceptional customer, client and colleague experiences.
About Global Sourcing and Supplier Management (GSSM)
GSSM operates within Operations and Technology and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling Barclays to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. GSSM is responsible for:
* Leveraging group wide spend to drive best value from suppliers and delivering value across Barclays
* Delivering effective global spend management across Functions, Enterprise wide Technology and major deals
* Setting the framework for Sourcing and Third-Party Supplier Risk Management and supporting the procurement and management of suppliers across Barclays in a consistent manner
* Operating a number of procurement systems and processes to support and control buying activities
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will manage the global procurement and deals management process undertaken by the Sourcing Team. The role supports the sourcing activity for all clusters and businesses and requires efficient negotiations skills with vendors and business users.
It is very important too that there is a very high expectation to work closely with the business users, Sourcing Teams Leads and vendors for the execution of each type of deals in a lean and the most optimal way for the firm. Execution of each of these opportunities would benefit Barclays financially as well as for its reputation.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities:
* Develop a thorough understanding of Barclays procurement structure, policies and procedures, and ensure Management Assurance results with 2high degree of compliance, and all project documentation is kept current with a high degree of accuracy.
* Maintain currency and compliance in all required policy, tools and systems training.
* Partner with the Business Users, Catalogue management, Sourcing Leads and Contract Management to execute deals which are policy compliant within expected turnaround times
* Provide support to ensure connectivity between the completion of deals and its execution in eProcurement and associated systems
* Work with GSSM Spend and Performance Team to provide ongoing reporting and monitoring of deals executed by transactional sourcing against target, analyse and identify opportunities for further improvement across commodity categories, business units and regions
* Suggest process enhancement to improve the sourcing process.
* Collaborates with GSSM and the business stakeholders to achieve commercial value targets, improve supplier performance, and maximise supplier collaboration to drive the best business outcomes.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate should ideally be tertiary qualified in the areas of contract negotiations, finance or commercial sourcing activities.
* They must have at least 2 years of sourcing or procurement experience
* They should be able to demonstrate ability to engage and negotiate with supplier
* Strong networking and stakeholder management skills a must
* They must understand various commercial value drivers with a good knowledge of best procurement industry practices.
* Language skills
* A strong command of English and Commercial language is a must both in the spoken and written form. Any additional languages spoken will be a bonus.
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients,