Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job Title: Principal Auditor - Global Markets - Rates Trading
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Division: Group Audit
The role is for an experienced auditor who will work within the Global Markets audit team with a focus on Fixed Income and reports into the Principal Audit Manager (PAM) for Rates Trading, who in turn reports into the Global Markets Co-Chief Auditors (CA).
You will execute day-to-day audit work in line with Deutsche Bank Group Audit Methodology, conduct risk assessments, design tests to assess control effectiveness for key risks, draft audit reports for management review, facilitate audit finding tracking and validate closure of findings.
You will have the opportunity to participate or lead and successfully deliver front-to-back audits, both locally and globally.
* Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributing to the delivery of audits (including risk assessment profiles and business monitoring).
* Planning audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifying risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and meeting internal stakeholders as and when required.
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant areas in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
* Discuss exceptions identified during fieldwork with audit co-ordinators and PAMs.
* Drafting high quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitating issuing tracking, and validating the closure of findings.
* Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are adequately designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards.
* Reviewing and challenging action plans provided by stakeholders, helping them develop robust remediation plans.
* Completing all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
* Acting as a competent partner and challenger to stakeholders in the closure process of findings.
* Communicating openly with divisional management and internal stakeholders.
* Proactively maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
* Proactively keeping abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Educated to Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.
* A professional/industry recognized qualification e.g. CISA, or Accounting qualification such as ACA or CPA.
* Strong audit or control function experience in a global investment bank or professional services firm.
* Robust knowledge of capital markets with detailed understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of Fixed Income businesses, including front-to-back controls.
* Strong organizational skills to take ownership of agreed targets to enable efficient completion of audit projects.
* Ability to present complex messages comprehensively and professionally.
* An innovative mindset and be able to develop ideas which are implemented and have a positive impact.
* The ability to multi-task assignments and prioritise workload, deliver to deadlines with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with senior stakeholders.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.