The Prime Brokerage middle office team is dedicated to providing a trade management and fails service to Prime Brokerage clients. The team is the point of contact for both the clients and operations for a range of trade related issues. Their role is to facilitate resolution of any problems that arise. The PBMO is responsible for the front to back trade flow for Equities, Fixed Income and ETF products across the EMEA, Latam and Canadian regions, providing the client with a single point of contact for all operational issues.
* Responsible for Prime brokerage clients trade life cycle management/oversight across EMEA and Latam on 3 different Prime Brokerage platforms / entities
* Act as the client single point of contact for queries regarding to prematching, fails, position reconciliation and post settlement amendment.
* Interact daily with clients, settlement, counterparties and internal stock lending and repo desks.
* Maintain and enhance client/broker static mappings
* Assist in the Client PB on-boarding process
* Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Person SpecificationTechnical Knowledge
* Must have experience working within Investment Bank Operations client facing role or equivalent Prime Brokerage function
* Must understand processing of Cash Security transactions from initial trade execution through the settlement and post-settlement events (front-to-back transaction life-cycle)
* Must exhibit sound knowledge of Either Equity or Fixed Income Operations including: Trade flows, Buy-Ins, Settlement Cycles of Major European Markets and Euroclear
* Highly numerate with excellent analytical problem-solving ability and reconciliation experience
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
* Works well in a team and maintains good relations with team members.
* Actively networks with colleagues outside team and with external contacts/clients.
* Must show enthusiasm, initiative and diligence at all times.
* Must maintain a consistently high standard of approach at all times.
* Can solve problems effectively and creatively
* Excellent oral and written communication in both formal and informal settings.
* Strives to improve customer relations
* Has a good reputation for producing result
* Experience of working to tight deadlines in a high pressured environment whilst maintaining highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
* Strong control mindset and appreciation of escalation protocols. Escalates breaches of policies and procedures appropriately
* Strong understanding and appreciation of client data confidentiality
* Some knowledge of ETF products
* Some understanding of CASS regulation, mainly Client Money and Asset
Risk and Control Objective All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards