Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Barclays UK Technology
BUK Technology provides front to back Technology services to the Barclays UK (BUK) business, including 'Run the Bank' (management of live Technology services) and 'Change the Bank' (the enhancement and development of new Technology solutions in response to regulation, control remediation, service sustaining cost reduction or business strategy).
* To support the business in the management and delivery of complex change into a business unit, area, or line. Continuing to drive a more efficient delivery model across other geographical locations, implementing a dev ops approach, and driving agile adoption across the function.
* To manage specific business and stakeholder relationships in relation to a Portfolio of initiatives. Working with key stakeholders on a daily basis, to initiate, deliver and manage end to end delivery of multi-million pound projects.
* To support the business in successful planning of a complex Portfolio of change, including resource management, financial planning, release management, delivery scheduling.
* Responsible for the successful delivery of all projects into a business areas, through the management of a Portfolio of change and the associated project management and other change resources.
* Driving strategy and shaping demand development with business stakeholders, and formulating a firm demand pipeline based on agreed solutions to business requirements and aspirations.
* Responsible for the overall management control and delivery of business and change projects. Is accountable for creating project deliverables that meet or exceed the expectations of the project stakeholders. This includes managing changes to the size or scope of those deliverables. Directs, manages and co-ordinates team members, including those from suppliers and external vendors.
Project and Portfolio Management
* Exercises day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of business aligned Portfolio of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards
* Manages suppliers in line with agreed contractual obligations, milestones and quality standards.
* Provides day to day direction to the Portfolio team and oversees the agreed change budgets.
* Working with the business, drives the planning framework, ensuring that plans are developed and tracked to appropriate standards, are integrated effectively across all work-streams, are unambiguous and achievable, and that dependencies are clearly understood and managed
* Owns and drives the effective governance of the Portfolio, via the Programme Management Office, ensuring that Bank technical, risk and other standards and compliance requirements are met and that the Portfolio governance framework is comprehensively defined and firmly embedded across all areas of the Portfolio
* Manages and co-ordinates projects, their interdependencies, and associated risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to the business.
* Controls the Portfolio scope, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised
* Ensures the Portfolio resource plan is maintained and met and that appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
* Actively manages and challenges supplier and partner resource models where appropriate
* Ensures delivery of the Portfolio projects meets requirements and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan.
* Ensures that all Portfolio status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports to the business and Programme/Portfolio governance forums at agreed intervals
* Initiates extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the Portfolio are identified or issues arise
* Provides an ongoing `health check' of the Portfolio to confirm that delivery meets the Portfolio's objectives and continues to make effective use of available funds and resources
* Directly manages a Portfolio team of 5-10 people at AVP or BA1-4 level, some of whom may be Managers of others
Control (including Governance & Risk)
* Adheres to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role, outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training.
* Required to ensure that all risks identified are managed as per Risk Framework procedures, ensure risk events (incidents) and control failures are investigated, reported, fixed and/or escalated to prevent reoccurrence.
* In instances where role holder is an owner of a key control, they will be required to provide supporting records to demonstrate regular review and maintenance.
* In addition, will be responsible to ensure all personal mandatory training is completed within timelines and any key controls
Line Management (if required)
* Acts as focal point for direct reports with regard to HR and work issues.
* Ensures Barclays governance is followed for all directs (KYR etc)
* Actively identifies development needs with the individual and provides support for ensuring their development plan is met
* Acts as an advocate for the direct report in consistency meetings and is aware of any issue with their performance
* Actively demonstrates Barclays Behaviours and encourages this behaviour in direct reports
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Performs as a member of the leadership team; supports the establishment and motivation of virtual delivery teams to high performing standards.
* Inspires the team to meet stretch targets and, through personal development and management, grow capability and manage under performance.
* Actively demonstrate Barclays behaviours and acts as a role model for more junior staff.
* Maintains detailed awareness of, takes fully into account as necessary, and promotes throughout the organisation, any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations, standards and codes of good practice. Contributes to the definition of such regulations, standards and codes.
* Maintains knowledge of the business, and own technical specialism at the highest level, by reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with other leading practitioners of the technical specialism.
* Keeps in close touch with, and contributes to current developments with the business, own industry and outside.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Portfolio Management subject matter expertise for large scale and complex business change projects/programmes
* Proven experience of managing in complex environments and flexibility in decision making to produce the outcomes or benefits desired
* Evaluative judgement and analytical skills required.
* Extensive and high profile Portfolio/Programme management experience
* Strong track record of managing large complex business and technical Programmes/Portfolios of strategic significance via third party suppliers
* Strong Programme/Portfolio mobilisation / initiation / planning experience in addition to management of established Programmes/Portfolios
* Experience of managing business change/transformation challenges
* Exceptional leadership skills with evidence of managing large teams across a range of disciplines and locations
* Demonstrable record of managing multi million pound Portfolio budgets effectively, and delivering within budgetary constraints
* A strong technical base and understanding in the use and delivery of change within the relevant technical disciplines
* Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and potential for application within the Bank.
* A track recording demonstrating the ability to understand and work with complex IT Architecture and ensure IT products and services comply with the IT and Business strategies.
* A strong business/IT hybrid.
* Has operated in roles facing off directly to the direct reports of Chief Operating Officer / Chief Information Officer or equivalent executive levels - a track record of successfully managing stakeholder relationships at this level is definitely preferred
* Financial services industry experience
* Ability to manage and deliver Portfolio/Programme scope in a business that is undergoing a high degree of organisational and strategic change.
* Broad knowledge in specific area/areas of the Banks products, services and policies in order to plan operations and strategies.
* Formal external qualification/accreditation to Agile, Prince II or PMI methodologies
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.