Job Title Portfolio Management Analyst
Location Radbroke Hall, Cheshire
Portfolio Management Analyst is responsible for portfolio analysis to support portfolio level recommendations and decision. Ensuring portfolio controls are embedded within the overarching governance framework.
* Facilitate the continuous review and prioritisation of the portfolio, planning demand in line with given constraints (cost, resource, release slots). Implement quarterly wave planning, forward looking 18months.
* Quarterly wave planning (QRWP) - support the production of packs, process within the portfolio and support to Programme teams
* Build and maintain the forward looking view of the Investment portfolio including pipeline and input to quarterly performance review
* Responsible for the change control governance and process in line with governance framework tolerances across the portfolio
* Facilitate the discussion and debate on inception of new demand within the correct governance forums
* Accountable for compliance to portfolio standards for change delivery and completion of portfolio control self assessments
* Operating effective Mission Critical and Investment Governance forums to challenge delivery and resourcing, supported by quality data
* Responsible for reporting the key performance indicators attributable to each governing authority. Manage good quality timely portfolio level reporting, in line with the broader portfolio reporting framework. Ensure golden source data is good quality and reporting focussed management on key issues, risks or items for decision.
* Accountable for all defined reporting being completed to time and quality as outlined in schedule and as per BUK standards
* Drive usage of strategic tools automating reports and efficiencies of production at all levels, ensuring maintenance of golden source data
* Manage the portfolio within the allocated budgets, ensuring initiatives are within tolerances and financial risks and opportunities are managed.
* Responsible for analysis of monthly portfolio level act vs. forecast reviews on SI portfolio ensuring that programmes have an accurate forecast of costs by cost type (i.e. resource vs. non resource). Variance to be within agreed tolerances.
* Ensure all cash & P&L forecasts / budgets are accurately reflected in golden data source tools i.e. Navigator & DOL.
* Confidently explaining variances and makeup of forecasts at a programme and portfolio level to management pitched at the right level for the right audience.
* Build up strong working relationships with Finance Business partners across each Business unit demonstrated through monthly internal review meetings or being able to confidently answer BU queries
* Maintenance of SI financial risk log ensuring that all financial risks are recorded and escalated as appropriate as per Risk Framework
* Deep dives on teams as required to determine risk position on supply vs. funded demand
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in project lifecycle and business case in-depth experience in portfolio analysis.
* Highly competent in MS office suite and be an MS Excel Expert (pivot tables, macros, data set manipulation).
* Excellent organization skills, structured and be able to prioritise workload.
* Experience in portfolio, programme and/or project financial forecast analysis and reporting
* Strong team player, well disciplined and have proven ability to network and influence others with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.