Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Platform as a Service Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Hiring Manager: Adam Spencer
You'll be joining the PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) team which is a new function being created to engineer the Everything As A Service (EaaS) PaaS. EaaS is one of four initiatives under Strategy 2020.
You'll be part of Application and Web Platforms, a function responsible for our strategic server platforms for application hosting workloads including: Java, JEE, Web, CMS, Messaging, BI, Logging, Storage and other use cases under the auspices of EaaS.
* Contributing to the technical design and implementation of the EaaS, PaaS
* Installing, configuring and integrating EaaS, PaaS software infrastructure
* Carrying out/participating in PoC's of vendor products and Open Source technologies
* Working with platform customers to pilot PaaS technologies before productising the deliverables
* Liaising with Vendor and existing platform owners, contributing to the overall strategy of application workload delivery on to the EaaS, PaaS
* Delivering the relevant design documentation to a high standard and maintaining it for the lifecycle of the products
* Participating in EaaS, PaaS community development by contributing technical expertise through various channels including Deutsche Bank's internal social media, brown bag sessions and formal communication events
* Ability to install, configure and integrate PaaS technologies with existing heritage systems; working with the existing platform teams assisting in the augmentation of these platforms
* Pursuing the ongoing engineering of the EaaS PaaS ensuring it remains fit for purpose and aligned with our strategic objectives
Skills & Qualifications:
* Experience of one or more of the following technologies: Docker, OpenShift, Azure
* Experience of RESTful API design and use
* Experience of logging and analytic technologies such as Splunk, ELK and Squirro
* Understanding of Cloud Native applications and Twelve Factor Application design
* Strong Technical/Architectural/Solution Design experience
* Software development experience
* Experience using both Unix and Microsoft Windows environments
* Strong integration experience and system development expertise within a financial institution and highly regulated/controlled environment
* Integration of PaaS technologies in Polyglot environments, ideally: Java, Perl and .Net
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.