Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximise profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them.
We understand what's at the heart of work - and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe - in more than 160 countries - our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalise, package, analyse and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
The Payroll Services Administrator works within a team of three delivering 5 monthly in house payrolls (including in and outbound assignees and Isle of Man) to 2400 Xerox employees using SAP. The role reports to the Payroll Services Manager
* Maintain and update employee records on the HR and Payroll systems as required in an accurate and timely manner. This includes loading of new hires, leavers, absence, overtime, loans, pension, benefits etc.
* Respond to pay related queries from employees and external government and third party stakeholders, ensuring they are dealt with professionally and providing the highest level of customer service.
* Liaise with the Xerox GB Employee Service Centre / HR Operations to resolve pay related issues
* Liaise with the Xerox Fleet team and external partner on car benefit, fuel and mileage capture queries
* Prepare, reconcile and remit weekly payment files to BACS for salaries, advances and third party payments
* Prepare, reconcile and submit the monthly returns/payments to HM Revenue & Customs and third parties
* Validation of payroll input for accuracy including pre-pay run reports, validation of exception reports and post-pay run reports.
* Monthly preparation of payroll authorisation packs for review and payroll sign off, including running and create payroll reports
* Regular maintenance of payroll procedures guides
* Supporting the wider HR community and occasional project work
* Disbursements, journals and intercompany recharges
* Participation in projects to deliver statutory and regulatory changes, new/changes to employee benefits etc
* Engage with internal teams, software providers, and 3rd party vendors in solution design
* Acceptance testing
* Document process and provide training/collaterals
* Assist in the delivery of tax year end as a project to ensure accurate and timely completing of all year start/end tasks and statutory reporting (P60s, P11ds, Class 2 NIC return)
* Preferred A-Level
* 3 years' payroll experience within high volume payroll departments within large, dynamic organizations.
* Up to date and broad knowledge of current payroll legislation, benefits and practices, including Auto Enrolment
* Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, preferably with previous short-term assignment experience
* A strong customer focus with a commitment towards delivering results. Acts quickly in response to customer problems, takes ownership and sees them through to satisfactory conclusion
* Resilient under pressure, able to demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly and deliver results when confronted with unexpected work demands
* SAP Payroll experience
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external audiences, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and acceptance.
* Can articulate complex payroll subjects in simple terms to the uninitiated.
* Preferred Demonstrable ability to influence, negotiate and manage objections effectively
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.