1 Carry out due diligence on licensees and monitor, track and update that due diligence as appropriate.
2 Analyze program license agreements and related agreements to provide holdback and related information to sales and contract administration departments.
3 Draft and negotiate (under supervision) and track various amendments, agreements and riders, including program license agreements, confidentiality agreements, deal memos and other required documentation.
4 Support the protection of the company's intellectual property, including drafting cease and desist letters to infringing broadcasters and track responses.
5 Provide general office support such as maintaining and organising the department's master files of signed agreements and oversee compilation and circulation of legal updates and other know-how within the department.
6 Draft and prepare contract summaries for senior management.
7 Extensive telephone liaison, handling frequent calls, taking messages.
8 Distributing and copying documents to numerous parties.
9 Managing diary, organising and prioritising daily workload, making appointments, and scheduling. Organising and assisting with meetings, including those outside of the department and minute taking as necessary.
10 Organising international travel itineraries and dealing with expenses.
11 Word processing and copy typing legal correspondence, reports, memos, contracts etc; redlining and proofreading of contracts and correspondence;
12 Overseeing the legal billing procedure for incoming invoices; ensuring they comply with outside counsel guidelines, processing them and forwarding to the appropriate territory office for payment.
13 Tracking and chasing documents prior to filing and maintaining extensive soft and hard copy filing systems.
14 Extensive liaison with Burbank and International offices.
15 Assist with Company and departmental projects and/or initiatives.
16 Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Excellent academic credentials required.
* Law degree or equivalent required
* Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Deltaview required.
* Ability to speak a European language strongly preferred but not required.
Relevant Previous Work Experience
* Previous paralegal experience required.
* Previous in-house or law firm experience required.
* Previous experience in the media industry preferred.
* Previous experience in a multinational environment preferred.
* Must be well organized, efficient and have ability to prioritize.
* Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and meet conflicting deadlines in short timeframe.
* Must have excellent attention to detail (including proof reading) and strong writing and communication skills.
* Fast and accurate copy typing
* Trustworthy and able to handle confidential/private issues with the utmost discretion.
* Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs of function and remain calm under pressure.
* Willingness to use initiative to add value to the organisation and to be proactive. Demonstrating strong team orientation, ability to work closely and well with other team members.
* Must have the ability to understand and analyze agreements and other legal documents.
* Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and determine when consultation with others (such as lawyers, sales executives etc.) is required.