* Performing proactive analysis to prevent possible service impacts.
* Actively investigate and diagnose all incidents passed to their resolving group by the Event Management and Service Desk teams according to the assigned priority.
* Performing the necessary technical work to promptly resolve on-going incidents.
* Providing relevant technical input into service improvement meetings when required to maintain and improve high service levels.
* Supporting the Service Desk, the Incident Manager and the IT Services Delivery Manager, aiding them to escalate incidents when required.
* Completing & closing all Requests assigned to Operations Support. Logging new originated Operations Support Requests for resolution by other teams.
* Effectively handing over to the next team at the end of each shift.
* Performing scheduled change tasks on-time to the required standard.
* Providing CSI feedback to all appropriate individuals and teams.
* Investigating and resolving problem tickets when assigned by the VE Problem Management team (and when operational priorities permits).
* Performing the necessary batch scheduling tasks and actions.
* Implementing workaround solutions to ensure continuity of service or in response to an incident situation.
* Manually performing operational system activity to maintain service availability in line with Service Level Agreements and the company scorecard targets.
* 24/7 environment working 12 hours shifts
* Operational Duties both at a first and 2nd level including service desk type activities.
* Providing input into line manager, Head of Operations Support and other key stakeholders when requested to help create management information reports.
* Providing input to the Operational Support Specialists to help create Ops Readiness documents within the expected dates and to the required quality level.
* Performing all tasks and duties in-line with Command Centre processes and procedures to ensure there are no compliance failures.
* Prioritises customers that have been defined as important/valuable.
* Shows adaptability and an enthusiastic 'can-do' attitude with all work and in all types of environments.
* Readily accepts changing expectations and goals.
* Uses excellent technical skills and experience to make sound recommendations.
* Questions others (including senior colleagues) in order to gain a full understanding of an incident or change brief.
* Works with a sense of passion (and urgency when needed); encourages others to work in the same manner.
* Adapts language and methods of communication so they are more suitable for different audiences.
* Experience in 1st & 2nd Line Support
* Good communication skills (verbal and written).
* Self motivated with can-do / proactive / engaging attitude.
* The ability to work methodically and carefully through change run-books
* Experience in working in an Operational Environment
* Experience in Payment Industry
* MVS Mainframe Operations
* TPF z/OS Mainframe Operations
* Understanding of Unix as an Operating System
* Understanding of ISO 8583 Payments Industry Standard
* Any Programming or Scripting experience