Job Title: Ops MI Business Partner
Job Type: 1 Year Temp
Hours: M-F - 9am -5pm
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Purpose of role
The Operations Management Information (MI) Service is a global utility providing deep expertise in the provision of business intelligence and reporting solutions to Investment Bank Operations (IB Ops) and the Investment Bank Middle Office (IB MO). In order to deliver a best in class service, the team is organised into three specialised functions comprising of a Production and Design centre located in Chennai, India and a customer facing Business Partner team with personnel located in London, Glasgow, Singapore and New York.
* Partner with and build credible working relationships with Glasgow located Operations teams to promote the Operations MI Service offering
* Using Data, Design, Lean and Agile style methods identify opportunities to help improve the quality (industry grade presentation of information), production (automated) and distribution (accessible via MS SharePoint or Barclays business intelligence servers) of workflow and management information, such that information is produced once and in the right way.
* Build productive working relationships with Business Partner colleagues and Design team leads to test the value of any opportunities for improvement that may have been identified through the development of workflow and MI prototypes. Using this approach, the role in question will require the individual to understand and build solutions using SQL, relational databases, enterprise reporting solutions (specifically SAP Business Objects) and data discovery type tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview.)
* Structure pipeline of work with minimal supervision from Business Partner team leads; this will require an ability to prioritise work according to the strategic goals of the team and the demands of the Ops MI Service's customer base
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a particular focus of adjusting the style of communication required to different audiences i.e. knowing when, and when not to use technology jargon
* Creativity: not just in data visualisation, but also in how to achieve an informative output from disparate and often imperfect data sources
* Provide customer feedback on the quality of our Production and Service offering to the Production and Design team leads
* Ensure that all Ops MI Service products meet the firms information risk management and data privacy policies
* Strong business analysis skills i.e. it will be necessary to interpret ambiguous feedback from subject matter experts and transform that into unambiguous requirements for the Design team to work from
* Basic understanding of project management best practices e.g. PRINCE / Agile methodologies is essential
* Familiarity of finance and investment bank trade lifecycles an advantage, but not essential
* Business Intelligence literate with a detailed understanding of tools and technology (eg. Business Objects, Qlikview, Tableau etc).
Academic and professional qualifications
* Bachelors Degree