The Operations Regulatory Control - CASS holder will form part of a team of CASS subject matter experts to meet and deliver critical reporting requirements to the FCA. The Operations Regulatory Control - CASS will be resposnilble for:
* Client Money and Asset Return (CMAR): providing a critical regulatory monthly deliverable for the firm. The FCA have made it clear there is an ever-increasing focus on our return with accuracy of our reporting is of the utmost importance
* CASS Resolution Pack (CASS RP): provides critical information for the regulator to access in the event of Firm insolvency. Our expectations are this will be a key FCA focus area for 2016
* Awareness of the daily client money and stock shortfalls calculations, external/internal CASS audits, and issues/changes that occur on these processes - including the impact these may have on CMAR and CASS RP
* Become an SME on the CMAR and CASS RP processes for both the IB and PCB entities, and will understand the differences that existing across the Businesses and the CASS implications these carry.
* Understand the daily client money and stock shortfalls processes, and how they contribute to the CMAR and CASS RP.
* Be proficient completing production data tasks, and will be able to develop in the ORC CASS Command & Control environment.
* SKILLS: CASS requires that our books and records for our clients and the legal entities of the firm remain pristine and appropriately segregated, so that the CASS control environment protect our clients' assets. Understanding of legal entity structures, end to end process flows as well as a solid understanding of custody activities would be highly desirable.
The Operations Regulatory Control - CASS will have experience in:
* Driven to learn and develop into a CASS subject matter expect, providing support to management
* Operations experience in an Investment Banking environment
* Data analysis and advanced technical skills relating to Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access
* CASS experience beneficial
* Degree educated with relevant industry qualifications and significant financial services experience.
* Qualifications in Risk/Regulation
* Business and Regulatory change experience beneficial with ability to design, build and implement processes