The role holder will be responsible for executing strategy to improve Client Service, Process, Control and Performance; while also identifying and exploiting opportunities to differentiate Barclays from the competition. All responsibilities will be performed while maintaining team controls, procedures and governance to protect the firm and their client base.
The role holder will report directly to the VP of Tax Operations.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
* The role holder will be responsible for managing a team of up to three people within the London IB Tax Operations function, ensuring adherence to all key team controls and processes. Query and relationship management of key clients and Front Office desks and delivering on objectives to support the group's wider strategy and vision.
* The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the Firm complies with all Onboarding and Remediation exercises as required by Regulatory Changes such as OECD CRS and IRS FATCA Regulations, evidencing performance and introducing efficiencies via production of the appropriate KRI's and KPI's for Management.
* The role holder will be responsible for acting as the primary point of escalation with regards to any risk or service exceptions and co-ordinate resolution as appropriate. The role will require significant interaction with Change and Project teams to develop the Firm's Infrastructure in order to remain compliant and improve the client onboarding experience.
* The role holder will be responsible for working in conjunction with Operational Risk Partners and the Business to manage incidents, providing workable solutions to ensure control environment is robust and lessons learned accordingly to prevent re-occurrence. Attendance at Industry events will also be within the role holder's remit.
* The role holder will directly manage the relationships of a number of key External / internal stakeholders and be accountable for fostering a mutually beneficial relationship with key Operations and Finance partners.
* The role holder will be accountable for escalating to their VP when appropriate.
Risk and Control: All Barclay's colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards