Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Messaging Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
You'll be joining the Messaging team (within Application Integration Platforms) in London. You'll have technology expertise in the Messaging domain coupled with experience of executing product engineering practices. You'll be collaborative, client focused and able to deliver world class engineering services to our clients.
* Engineering a Core Messaging solution to be used by the various asset classes globally in the bank
* Delivering and providing oversight for complex technology projects and programs using project management skills
* Providing architectural recommendations to business for their Core Messaging needs
* Developing tools and solutions for the messaging service around Design, HA/DR, Monitoring, Capacity and Best Practices
* Writing technical documentation, including design documentation, training materials, and white papers
* Platform delivery including packaging, installation, and configuration
* Ensuring all deliverables adhere to Deutsche Bank standards and procedures
* Providing platform support including troubleshooting, contributing to root cause analysis, and problem resolution
* Providing platform quality assurance testing, including functional, performance/scalability, and regression testing
* Identifying and assessing risks, determining impact to platform and mitigation plans
* Providing Level 3 support
Skills & Qualifications:
* Advanced to Expert knowledge and experience with IBM WebSphere MQ V7 or V9, WebSphere Message Broker V6 or great
* Strong experience encompassing development/engineering/administration
* Experience with the administration on Tibco EMS, Tibco RV and JMS would be a plus
* Strong programming experience in at least one of: C, C++, Java, and/or .NET
* Experience with Web Technologies and Tools: HTTP, XML, SOAP, Web Services
* Experience with Unix Technologies and Tools is a plus: SUSE and/or Redhat Linux, Solaris, Bash, Ksh, Perl, Python and Systems Administration skills
* Experience with Cloud platforms and PaaS; ideally with exposure to RedHat Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes
* Understanding of Project Management tools and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Clarity, Prince)
* Experienced and proficient with providing Service Level 3 support
* Knowledge of network & system security
* Educated to Bachelor's level with a concentration in an Information Technology (IT)‐related discipline (or equivalent qualification/work experience)
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.