CA CIB UK
CA CIB UK
Capital markets lawyer reporting to Head of Master Agreements & Derivatives Hub within Capital Markets Legal Team in London Legal Department providing legal services to the capital markets business lines in Paris-London and other branches supporting the interest rate, fixed income and foreign exchange product lines through the negotiation of derivatives documentation and other capital markets documentation.
Specific emphasis on the implementation of the firm's regulatory Margin Project with primary responsibility for the oversight across the Paris-London Platform of the negotiations and completion of corresponding IM / VM collateral agreements and ancillary documentation, as well as other regulatory and strategic projects on a case-by-case basis.
As a senior team member, act as referral and escalation point to more junior team members and personnel less familiar with the Project provide assistance and guidance where necessary, coordinate progress and produce reports.
The candidate should have at least a three years' experience with derivatives negotiations including in particular collateral agreements.
Ideally the candidate will have experience with FBF master documentation and will some French language skills, however this is not a pre-requisite.
• Review, drafting & negotiation of documents and contracts related to the Project (including but not limited to Credit Support Annexes, Credit Support Deeds, Collateral Transfer Agreements, Account Control Agreements, Security Agreements, etc.)
• Be primary point of contact for liaison with other impacted departments (e.g.
Front Office, Credit Department, Risk Department, Collateral Management, CVA Desk etc.)
• Manage and coordinate negotiation and completion of eligible collateral baskets & schedules with impacted areas of the firm
• Run special projects relating to capital markets or other legal or regulatory matters and, in the context of the relevant project, supervise junior lawyers as appropriate
• Negotiations of primarily ISDAs, GMRAs, GMSLAs and other master documentation as well as clearing documentation, brokerage agreements and any other agreements negotiated by the Paris-London Master Agreements Platform, covering fixed income, FX, equity derivatives, funds and other derivatives transactions.
• Review and negotiate other capital markets documentation, including confidentiality agreements and guarantees.
• Liaise with external counsel, if approved for use, for obtaining jurisdictional, netting, collateral liquidation or capacity advice and to review the same, summarise for distribution and act on the findings.
• Perform a transaction management function in respect of all master agreements, prime brokerage, master confirmations, business providers and transactions reviewed.
• Record all matters required to be recorded in the Master Database in a timely manner.
• Prioritise and coordinate support across the product lines
English Qualified Solicitor or Barrister (with practicing certificate) or other common law jurisdiction or degree in law from a reputable university in a Continental jurisdiction.