30 September England - Greater London, City of London Perm €83148.56 - €90077.61 per annum + Benefits
Main purpose of the role :
My client have an exciting role for an individual to join their Market Data team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the daily market data process by ensuring the data is provided timely and is validated to ensure its high quality before the data is delivered for P&L, Risk calculations and Management Information reports. In addition the individual will be actively involved in the creation of curves and other market data structures in the P&L systems which are essential for accurate P&L and Risk processes.
Our team is responsible for market data across all asset classes providing a great opportunity for exposure to P&L and Market Risk functions as well as across most FO business areas.
- Ensure all market data captured daily both from internal and external sources is accurate and timely before its distribution to the various business areas, functions and systems.
- Create and maintain curves and surfaces in the P&L system by working closely with Product Control and FO.
- Build positive and pro-active working relationships with the key stakeholders in Product Control, Risk and FO across the international business.
- Identify technical or process improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce operational risk by automating manual jobs and retiring legacy processes.
- Maintain desk procedures up to date in an effort to improve team coverage and efficiency
- Ensure that audit requirements are implemented in a timely manner.
- Prepare and be responsible for daily management reports in regards to data input.
- Active involvement in key department and firm projects and initiatives aiming at benefits realisation and control.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) in a Bachelors in Finance/Mathematics/Physics/Economics or equivalent.
- A minimum 3 years market data expertise gained through relevant functional experience.
- Detailed practical / working knowledge of the issues / challenges associated with market data.
- Able to work and communicate with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience with Murex, Bloomberg and Gloss desirable
- Very good knowledge of Excel/VBA
- Very good knowledge of the various financial products such as Fixed Income and Equities
*A confident and pro-active individual with strong problem solving skills
*Ability to collaborate and partner across the firm
*Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*Strong team player with a professional approach
*Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
*Strong numerical and analytical skills
*Ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
*Flexibility to adapt to urgent tasks as well as undertaking longer-term solutions