* Ensure timely delivery of accurate audience-appropriate internal and external reporting and MI in relation to material contentious matters managed by Legal and key Legal Risk management metrics, including:
* Preparing reports on material contentious matters to Group and Legal Entity Boards, Executive Committees and Board Audit Committees.
* Preparing reports on key Legal Risk management metrics and Legal Function risk.
* Collaborating with relevant stakeholders across the Legal and Risk Functions globally to understand specific reporting requirements and ensure risk management, transparency, consistency and accuracy of reporting information across multiple processes.
* Contributing to the design and development of methodology, processes and technology to improve, standardise and streamline reporting where appropriate.
* Support implementation of consistent processes and methodologies for identification, measurement and management of Legal Risk across the Group and other risks within the Legal Function.
* Assist with various centralised processes relating to Legal Risk and material contentious matters managed by Legal, including but not limited to:
* Risk and control assessments, monitoring, testing, analysing and issue escalation.
* Public disclosures in Barclays' results announcements concerning Legal Risk and matters owned by Legal, including associated control, audit and review processes.
* Input to capital planning and regulatory stress tests for matters managed by Legal, including processes to ensure risk management and accuracy of information.
* Act as a subject matter expert in relation to legal risk and governance activities and MI. Help to build partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders, including other risk and control functions, partners across Legal, and external auditors.
* Participate as required in Legal and management programmes relating to the implementation of structural reform and other regulatory or business changes.
* Keep up to date on new legal and regulatory developments, and attend seminars and training, as appropriate.
* Degree or equivalent.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to present information in various formats appropriate to different audiences in a robust and controlled manner.
* Delivery focused, working to high standards of performance with ability to prioritise and work under pressure, delivering to tight deadlines and multiple demands.
* Exceptional attention to detail and highly numerate.
* Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
* Technological proficiency, including advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* English Qualified lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister, Legal Executive) or equivalent
* Ability to manage processes and projects autonomously, with limited supervision, and also to work collaboratively with a wider team.
* Experience of working within the financial services industry.
* Experience of working in a risk, control or governance function would be beneficial, but is not essential.