Fraud Technology - TC 13
Would you like to work for a group that are the good guys helping protect the consumer as well as the bank? Do you want to build software that is handling billions of financial and non-financial transactions using supervised and unsupervised machine learning? Do you want to be part of the team that has aggressive targets of saving the business over 100 million pounds in next two to three years? Do you thrive in a fast paced, intellectually and technically challenging environment? If the answer to all these is an emphatic "yes" then we have a role for you.
The role is that of engineering manager for the machine learning platform team for preventing and detecting fraud in various customer interaction with products of Barclays.
* Building the platform for preventing and detecting fraud
* Working with business and product owners to produce business outcomes such as
* Decreasing the number of customers who get bad customer experience because of fraud
* Managing the software development lifecycle that results in faster, better and cheaper products/platforms.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or strong experience in hard core platform centric software development
* Strong background in building platforms and public apis.
* Experience building critical software with 5 nines,high performance (20 milliseconds response times) software, building resilient and self-healing platforms, OLTP as well as NoSQL technologies such as Mongo, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
* Significant and demonstrated experience in building world class software and building and managing world class software development teams.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.