Lead Data Scientist
Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be the go to person for our Data Scientists who will be working with you on developing models using supervised machine learning techniques. This will be used to provide extra value within the business and will be presented to Senior Stakeholders within the business to approval trials and then implementation if successful. This role is based in our technology centre and is an AVP level role, reporting to the Head of Data Science.
* To apply technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data to discover patterns that may have been hidden in previous insights.
* To demonstrate the use of R, Python to develop predicative and prescriptive models, this will then be used within the infrastructure space
* To lead the data delivery roadmap for the data science team, ensuring that we are always one step ahead of how we use data
* To support the Head of Data Science in identifying new growth opportunities, generate insights and inform Senior Stakeholders of key strategic and business decisions
* To become an expert in the data we hold and the identify new data sources that can offer greater value in the creation of models, that influence decisions and deliver processes
* To demonstrate the Stakeholder skills necessary to present findings to key people within the organisation.
* Highly experienced with Hadoop and AWS environment
* Hands-on experience coding in Java, Scala, Python, R, SQL or other advanced programming languages is required for this role
* Big data modeling work experience with Hadoop, Spark and Zeppelin or Jupyter is required
* Strong experience on applied statistics and data mining techniques (linear regression, logistic regression, text mining, random forest, deep neural networks, Bayesian models)
* Proficient with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra etc.
* Experience with Cloudera suite (Hue, Oozie)
* Strong experience with rapid prototyping, Agile/SCRUM
* Highly analytical mindset with problem solving attitude
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.