Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
* Key specific accountabilities.
* Assist Senior Manager in construction of short term and long-term plans with associated benefits of strategies that are to be developed to reduce fraud across BBS portfolios.
* Evaluate, analyse and leverage a range of statistical and written information in order to recommend, review and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on the P&L for these.
* Analysis of current and historic data (e.g. authorizations, write off data) to keep our systems at the cutting edge of fraud detection.
* Regular evaluation of fraud strategies that are implemented from both an operational and financial benefit perspective. Suggest changes and improvements as necessary.
* Provide necessary support and guidance to new products and services from a fraud perspective.
* Develop & support business cases for a variety fraud initiatives.
* Stakeholder management and leadership.
* Accountable for providing expert consultancy to stakeholders in order to support strategic agenda
* Accountable for communicating proposed strategies and for delivering appropriate reporting and MI
* Decision making and problem solving.
* Optimise and maintain the company's Fraud's data and analysis architecture.
* Assist in the Investigation and evaluation of new fraud detection and analysis tools and systems.
* Pro-actively keep their own specialist skills and knowledge at leading edge standard in order to fully fulfil their role. Must have a clear understanding and experience in performing data analysis using a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) or SPSS.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Teamwork: Ability to work well in a team both within the immediate team, within cross-functional / virtual teams and with other organisations within the industry e.g. vendors etc.
* Communication - Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision. Interface with stakeholders effectively.
* Organisational awareness - Ability to see the 'whole picture' and recognise the impact and opportunities of activities across the organisation.
* Innovation - Create innovative solutions to analysis requirements
* Proficiency in performing data analysis utilizing a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) or SPSS. A clear understanding of the methods underlying predictive modelling.
* Experience in the financial industry, depending on BBS portfolio we will require experience within a card environment (for the GCP portfolio), consumer loans (for BPF) or acquiring fraud (GPA)
* Completion of a degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject or significant relevant experience.
* A self-motivated team player who is able to define, structure and prioritize work for self as well as others, but who also has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate.
* The ability to understand, undertake and commission complex analysis to support strategy testing.
* A proven ability to lead complex analytic projects from inception through to completion.