Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. To that end, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
About Barclaycard Operations & Technology
Barclaycard Operations and Technology brings together all the Customer Operations, Technology and Change teams in Barclaycard. We are a global team made up of colleagues in locations across the UK and in the US, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Philippines, Singapore, Lithuania and India.
About Regulatory & Mandatory Change
Who We Are
We are a global team which has over-sight and delivery of regulatory and mandatory change across Barclaycard.
To ensure that Barclaycard is compliant with the regulatory and policy changes and remediating control, policy or compliance gaps. We ensure that business units are working to a common interpretation and driving cross -Barclaycard solutions.
What We Do
To deliver change projects and programmes across Barclaycard business units to ensure compliance with the regulation and policy changes or to remediate control/policy/compliance gaps. A key focus is driving efficiencies by developing single solutions across Barclaycard.
Overall purpose of role
As an AVP Business Design Analyst (BDA) you will have a wide variety of assignment types and each come with their own demands and opportunities. As an entry level AVP you are expected to have experience of projects in a change environment.
You will be expected to produce standard BDA outputs such as requirements, impact assessments, gap analysis and process flows with minimal support. In all cases your work will be peer reviewed by a Senior BDA before being issued and there will be a clear point of contact for any queries. You will be shown the Barclaycard ways of working and standard templates as a start point, but it is expected that you will apply your own experience and judgment to deliver the right artefacts/approach for that specific situation/project. AVP BDAs will often work on projects as the sole analytical resource, so need to be comfortable in planning and managing their own work as part of the overall project plan and objectives. It is also common for AVPs to form a team of peers where each person is responsible for a work stream or function on a larger programme. This could be with or without a lead BDA so strong team working skills are important.
There is also the possibility as an AVP that you could be responsible for assignment managing less experienced colleagues or contractors where you will be responsible for their delivery as well as your own. As you build experience and expertise, the scale and complexity of the projects you work on will also increase, and your responsibilities will broaden beyond your own delivery to include responsibility for others. This will create opportunities for you to develop new skills such as people management and leadership which will take you towards a VP position.
Key Accountabilities and Skills Required
Delivery of Business Design Analyst function to support delivery of change (85%)
* Design: As part of the delivery of business change, the Business Design Analyst will:
* Provide support to business design and business analysis functions on projects
* Work with business-side clients to produce clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
* Support business case development in support of designs
* Oversee the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
* Assess and design new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project
* Plan Change: Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs
* Manage Change: Develop and implement new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project. Provide an aggregate high level view of the combined proposed solutions and ensure alignment with the change solution. Manage interdependencies across projects/programmes and leverage synergies across projects/programmes to maximise return on investment. Review the to-be business process design to understand organisation/role impacts and create role descriptions for business process roles
* Build Executive Leadership and Commitment: Provide specialist, objective and analytical insight on all business design and analysis related activity on a change project. Lead/contribute (as appropriate) to Project, Programme and Cluster level Design Authorities.Organisational and Staff Development (5%) Provide input into the ongoing development of the Barclaycard Change Workbench
* Coach and mentor Business Design Analysts on the skills and capabilities required by high performing change professionals
* Manage and provide objective feedback on Business Design Analysts during each project 'assignment'.Personal & Professional Development (5%)
* Utilise Professional Services & Development to accelerate and maintain skills level, particularly the development of professional change skill sets
* Use the Barclaycard Change Workbench to plan and deliver change projects.Control Objective (5%)
* Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to the role through reading the Code of Conduct and other allocated training. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose. All Barclay's colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards