Java Developer - Glasgow - 12 Month Contract
Leading Tier1 investment bank based in Glasgow has an opportunity for a Java Developer to join the team on a 12 Month Contract.
Current major initiatives include delivering European Mifid II reporting obligations for the organisation.
The role requires experience across the full development and delivery lifecycle and the ability to automate and optimise activities such as test, build, deployment, and production management. The successful candidate will have a passion for Agile methodologies and development practices such as continuous integration, behaviour-driven testing and continuous deployment.
You will interact closely with Business Analysts and Developers, and will be expected to share tasks with these roles as part of a highly-productive and cross-functional Scrum team. The primary responsibility of the resource will be end-to-end automation and optimisation of the software delivery life cycle, with a particular focus on automation of testing, environment provisioning and deployment.
This is a role requiring strong development, automation, and Agile skills, along with good leadership, communication, organisation, and a proven ability to work with various stakeholders across a variety of skill sets and seniority levels. The successful candidate will work with global teams spread across Mumbai, London and New York.
* Strong experience in Test Driven Development, Automated Testing and Automated Deployment
* Excellent understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
* Ability to be pro-active and clearly escalate when risks or issues arise
* Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
* Core Java
* Unix shell scripting
* SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2
* Integration technologies - MQ / Xml / SOAP / JSON / Spring
* Build & Agile - Ant, Gradle / Maven, Sonar, Jenkins / Hudson, GIT / Perforce
* Automated Testing - JUnit, JBehave, Concordion
* Automated Deployment - Docker / ElectricFlow / Automic
* Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
* Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
* Good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding
* Experience of banking, in particular regulatory reporting preferred
* Knowledge of OTC derivatives, ETD and cash products preferred