We are a focused and user oriented development team with a wide range of developers operating globally in London, New York and Tokyo. We are responsible for all execution platforms in the dealer-to-client and dealer-to-dealer spaces, providing solutions across Rates and Credit; cash and derivatives. An ongoing effort to consolidate our electronic client offering in the Rates space is focused on development of our execution capabilities and platforms.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a key part of this growing technology team building an electronic offering. You will be developing high performance execution components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
You are a confident and self-motivating senior Java developer with a solid understanding of fixed income electronic markets. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders from across the investment bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You are familiar with the rates market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable auto-quoting system to a trading desk.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Experience in Bonds & IRS dealer-to-dealer markets
* ION or List FastTrade
* Advanced Java (e.g. multi-threading, GC optimisation)
* Object oriented design and development, design patterns
* Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco RV, DB2, SQL Server)
* Auxiliary development process skillset (SVN, Maven etc.)
* Test automation technologies (e.g. Robot framework)
* Rates and credit (cash and derivatives) business experience, comfortable with key business concepts (EuroGov, UST, JGB, IRS, CDS)
* B2C (RFQ) experience, including integration with Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
* Agile processes & practices e. Scrum
* Bond analytics understanding
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.