Nomura are currently looking for a Java Developer to join their credit risk team on a contract basis, this role involves focusing on the efficiency and optimisation of the code and systems.
The role is in the Credit Risk Technology group. In recent years, the demands on this area and the pace of change have increased massively. This trend is set to continue as Regulators demand more detailed and sophisticated risk governance. For Nomura to respond rapidly to these demands, it needs flexible, high performance systems, which are able to efficiently tackle computationally expensive operations on large data sets. The Credit Risk Technology group is responsible for the construction and running of these systems globally.
The role is for a lead developer for one of the firm's Counterparty Credit Risk systems. The team is split between Mumbai and London and is currently focused on expanding product and legal entity coverage.
* Java + Python. They should be an expert developer with experience in complex server side development.
* They should have very good understanding of software development best practices such as test driven development, and how to use them to achieve timely delivery without compromising quality.
* They should be highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as on collaborative development efforts. Experience with Scrum beneficial
* They should have experience building high-availability, mission critical software and be prepared to provide support if and when it is needed.
* They should have excellent communication skills and be comfortable interacting directly with all levels of business user and stakeholder.
* They should have a very good understanding of the tools, frameworks, languages, principles and best practices required for the design and implementation of usable, reliable and maintainable large scale applications.
* Good degree in a scientific discipline with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
* A good understanding of either complex Fixed Income, Equity or Credit products and their Derivatives; or a good understanding of Counterparty Credit Risk measurement concepts
* Database development
* Distributed caching technology & grid computing.
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.