Overall Purpose of the Job:
The main responsibilities of the role holder will be to assist the Strategy Head and Alternative Investment Analysts in the selection and monitoring of hedge funds and allocations.
They will focus on the management of information flow, peer group and database maintenance and other quantitative and qualitative aspects in support of the due diligence and investment process.
Contribute generally to the investment process applied by the Amundi LAI Investment Team.
The role of the Intern in London will be specifically to:
- Write the Monthly Strategy Review which involves collecting and compiling relevant information on the market backdrop as directed by his/her supervisor, in addition to strategy specific information which describes how managers, and in aggregate, a strategy made or lost money during a month.
- Monitor existing investments and relevant news flow for Amundi LAI:
• Use internal quantitative tools to analyse performance attributes of our managers from various vantage points.
Prepare manager specific monthly comments to support the Amundi Portfolio Manager and Product Specialist Teams in their respective Portfolio Reviews with clients.
• Maintain files to assess tracking error between Amundi LAI funds vs.
• Maintain peer groups for incumbent managers.
• Contribute to the periodic review of incumbent managers.
- Assist in maintaining knowledge of the strategy universe and, where necessary, conducting investment due diligence of prospective HF managers to add to the buy-list:
• Screen Managers and provide lists of the investible universe for each underlying hedge fund strategy
• Populate internal databases and spreadsheets with data provided by existing Managers which focus on manager net/gross/country/sector exposures and performance attribution.
• Assist the London Analyst team in performing due diligence to provide fully documented investment proposals to Amundi LAI's Selection Committee.
A strong track record of educational achievement including a relevant qualification at degree-level