Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Overall purpose of role:
* To lead components of system engineering activity for one or more applications / products across the Mortgages end-to-end software development lifecycle.
* To maintain an in-depth technical understanding of one or more components within an application / product, being recognised as the 'go to' contact for technical queries, live incidents and problems. Technologies include mainframe and distributed technologies.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
Responsible for interacting with an established stakeholder engagement for the product, across the Business and IT functions including but not limited to:
* Senior Leaders and Accountable Executive, CIO Partner, IT Architect, Service Managers
* Project Managers, Business Change Managers, Business Product Owners, SI Partners and 3rd parties
* Testing, GTIS
Decision making and problem solving.
* Solve unique and complex technical problems with broad impact on the business unit as a whole. Whilst providing a full and detailed analysis, insightful commentary and recommendations for technical action as appropriate.
* Establish an end-to-end view and capture all key requirements. Establish clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) whilst ensuring that all requirements are 'testable' and agree test strategy with business and test team lead.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Experience of working in a cross-functional Agile team (beneficial, Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices
* Mortgages knowledge, End-to-end software development lifecycle, Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile, Project management methodologies, e.g. RUP, CMMi, Prince II, PMI (beneficial)
* Ability to interface with infrastructure and service management areas.
Awareness of software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
* Application servers (Websphere preferred, Weblogic, JBoss), Databases (Oracle / DB2 / SQL / IMS DEDB )
* Version Control Software (Clearcase / SVN / CVS), J2EE Frameworks (Chordiant, Hibernate, Struts), IMS DC, CICS, COBOL, Mainframe Assembler
* Maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technical knowledge, applications and techniques, Using technical knowledge to create new opportunities and solutions.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.