Overview of role
This is a senior infrastructure project management role working within the Infrastructure Project Delivery team undertaking analysis, project management and implementation support for technical change within the global Infrastructure division. The role will manage projects related to adopting Cloud technologies (Azure) and Automation/ Continuous Integration/ Continuous Depolyment tools e.g. Ansible.
* To deliver projects to the agreed budget, timescales and functionality using the Schroders project delivery framework from inception through to post implementation review
* To set up and run project governance committees as required
* To agree the project objectives and scope with the Project Sponsor and Steering Group
* To ensure project plans are developed and agreed with the Project Sponsor, the Steering Group and other key stakeholders and that the project is delivered in accordance with those plans
* To manage incoming and outgoing dependencies
* To manage the scope of the project documenting and controlling the impact of change
* To identify, acquire and manage the human and technical resources required by the project - internal and third party supplied
* To be responsible for managing the project budget, highlighting over- or under-spend at the appropriate level
* To identify and manage project risks, issues and assumptions
* To track, monitor and report on overall progress (time, cost and quality) and any potential for change
* To manage delivery of services and products from external suppliers to ensure effective implementation into the technical and business operations of 3rd party applications.
* To manage project communication and ensure the project documentation is completed and accepted
* To manage operational readiness and ensure handover to support, the business and other key stakeholders is delivered successfully
* To ensure the project is closed effectively holding a project closure meeting when appropriate.