Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Overview of role
This is a senior infrastructure project management role based within the Infrastructure Project Delivery team working under the IT Programme Manager and wider programme team to oversee the delivery of a number of different Workstreams in support of a major office move programme.
This will include the selection, fit out and implementation of new technology in support of new offices for Schroders employees. Working closely with the Programme Manager and technical teams, the role will include a range of deliverables from multiple areas within Infrastructure such as User Services; Platform Services; Unified Communications; Service Management and Business Led initiatives.
The Project Manager role will support the management of all of the infrastructure projects associated with the move to new offices and define, monitor and help manage their inter-dependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues arising. The role will help manage the service and working practice change process across Schroders in conjunction with the Schroders Mural Executive Team, the Project Mural team, Corporate Services, IT and other Schroders change managers as required.
Strong Project Management skills are essential including chairing and managing of meetings with senior stakeholders, managing plans, risks, issues and dependencies, as well as good presentation and communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to facilitate senior decision making working at all levels is key.
The role will be Central London based but will also include some travel to sites based outside London (South of England).
Experience and understanding of major office builds, moves and refits would be desirable.
* To deliver the project to the agreed budget, timescales and functionality using the Schroders project delivery framework from inception through to post implementation review
* To set up and run project governance committees as required
* To agree the project objectives and scope with the Project Sponsor and Steering Group
* To ensure project plans are developed and agreed with the Project Sponsor, the Steering Group and other key stakeholders and that the project is delivered in accordance with those plans
* To manage incoming and outgoing dependencies
* To manage the scope of the project documenting and controlling the impact of change
* To identify, acquire and manage the human and technical resources required by the project - internal and third party supplied
* To be responsible for managing the project budget, highlighting over- or under-spend at the appropriate level
* To identify and manage programme level risks, issues and assumptions
* To track, monitor and report on overall progress (time, cost and quality) and any potential for change
* To manage delivery of services and products from external suppliers to ensure effective implementation into the technical and business operations of 3rd party applications.
* To manage project communication and ensure the project documentation is completed and accepted
* To manage operational readiness and ensure handover to support teams, the business and other key stakeholders is delivered successfully
* To ensure projects are closed effectively holding a project closure meeting when appropriate.