Competitive Salary plus excllent benefits
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
The Infrastructure Designer will provide solutions and consultancy for assignments of medium size (£500K ~ £2M) and above which are complex and critical in nature. The infrastructure designer will have a deep knowledge in more than one component and a broad knowledge of many other components.
Takes full responsibility to ensure the infrastructure designs of a complex and critical nature meet the business requirements within the project's budget.
* To deliver all designs in a Lean and Agile manner where appropriate.
* To support the Inception of projects through Initiation Scrums giving advice and guidance where necessary.
* Ensure infrastructure designs are consistent, simple and effective complying with relevant strategy and policy.
* Work with Solutions to provide cost and risk analysis.
* Takes a key role in design evaluating and accessing major design options.
* Working with Enterprise and Solution Architects, Service Managers and Group Technology Office to understand and influence changes in architectures policies and strategy.
* Broad experience of IT infrastructure design and architectures
* Capable of bringing together expert knowledge from across the organisation and consolidating into a cohesive end-to-end design
* The ability to effectively communicate and sell complex IT solutions
* Experience in leading virtual teams in a complex IT environment
* End-to-end infrastructure design experience
* Project delivery practices and methodologies
* Familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications
* Experiences in the integration and migration of existing and planned platforms
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.