Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus excllent benefits
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
The Infrastructure Architect/ Lead Designer reports to the Principal Client Designer who is responsible for defining change to the IT infrastructure layer and strategy, including Operating Systems, networking, database, messaging platforms, storage, security model etc, for the enterprise. As projects require infrastructure to be built to meet their requirements, the Lead Infrastructure Designer is responsible for ensuring that the design generated by him/her or any of the other E2E Infrastructure Designers adhere to the current patterns, architecture, policy and infrastructure strategy.
* Takes full responsibility to ensure the E2E infrastructure design of complex, most critical and usually most costly E2E designs meet the business requirements within the project's budget.
* Managing Change Control of owned designs.
* Working with Enterprise and Solution Architects, Service Managers and Group Technology Office to understand and influence changes in architecture policy and strategy.
* Ensure E2E infrastructure designs are consistent, simple and effective complying with relevant strategy and policy
* Being the Design Authority for owned designs.
* Performing Design Management within virtual design teams.
* Takes a key role in design, evaluating and assessing major design options
* Provide an interface to Component teams for Design support and queries
Broad experience of IT infrastructure design and architectures
* Capable of bringing together expert knowledge from across the organisation and consolidating into a cohesive end-to-end design
* Experience in leading virtual teams in a complex IT environment
* Strong focus on Risk Management including an understanding of Group policies
* End-to-end infrastructure design experience
* Project delivery practices and methodologies
* Familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications
* Active in defining architectural principles and standards
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.