Overall purpose of role
Leading the Technical Implementation Team within the Mobile Application Support team.
* Lead the implementation team and make decisions on best implementation approach for Technical Change using ITIL best practice and service protection guidelines. Articulate, advise and agree these with the Service Team and relevant Subject Matter Experts within the bank.
* Apply ITIL skills to everyday support work. This will Support the Application Support Lead in performing the following subset of ITIL aligned functions, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
* Actively participate with and support the Service management team and delivery leads - self-initiated and Application Support Lead initiated - in managing client expectations and demands proactively while maintaining good client relationships, working closely with the Mobile (UK) Product Delivery managers to ensure effective implementation, whilst maintaining application stability.
* Train and develop to ensure full development of their potential.
* Create, maintain and develop strong relationships and work in a fully collaborative, agile way across the Mobile (UK) organisation and the wider BTSO team in order for it to deliver safe solutions.
* Under the guidance of the relevant Application Support Lead, actively participate in the resolution of incidents to return service to customers as quickly as possible.
* Help the Application Support Lead to remove or reduce risk by owning and delivering fixes and Service Improvements in the implementation field.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The role will have responsibility for 3-5 direct reports. Key stakeholders are:
* Mobile Run The Bank lead
* Mobile Service Management
* Mobile Application Management Lead
* Mobile delivery management
* Infrastructure and Environments teams
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Apply knowledge and skills in implementation in their everyday work to support the Application Support Lead and the delivery managers and to be the point of escalation for implementation issues, planning and strategy.
* Actively participate in and work with the Application Support Lead in investigation into root cause analysis of implementation related incidents. It is expected the individual will own the root cause analysis and associated communications to stakeholders through to resolution for implementation related issues.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* ITIL v3 Foundation qualified or started
* Skilled operator of Service Management tools for implementation (eg. ServiceNow, ServiceFirst)
* Knowledgeable in and conversant with multi-layered, end-to-end, distributed architectures
* Team Leading skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Can prove a good working knowledge of the distributed technology implementation strategies and understand how to investigate and resolve issues in them.
* Can identify most of the technologies within the Mobile architecture.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.