I.T Risk and Control Specialist
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Ideal skills: I.T Risk, Cyber Security, Information Security
Overall purpose of role:
Barclays is strengthening its internal facing governance capabilities as a powerful means of developing a more holistic approach to governing security and addressing the growing need for external regulatory expectations .
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
* Understanding of a broad range of Cyber security technologies including (but not limited to) Vulnerability Management, Cyber Defence and Penetration Testing and Security Monitoring.
* Knowledge and understanding of Information Security and risk frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, Cobit, ITIL, etc.
* Use of centrally supplied enterprise tools to log, track, update, close and escalate Risk events, Issues and actions to ensure that GIS follows the Barclays Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
* Support regulatory requests by gathering, formatting and summarising Risk & control related information. Responsible for life-cycle management of ORAC Issues and Risk Events, co-ordinating responses from the wider team to support GIS compliance against the Issues Management and Risk Events Standards.
* Performing analysis on data to produce tailored reports for the GIS Risk & Control meeting and support the creating of a pack to drive decisions in the monthly Governance and Control Meeting including the identification of risks/issues/trends
* Providing support to the Risk Event Co-ordinator in the collation of required information in line with the Risk Event Standard.
* Maintain and improve process documentation for the Issues Management and Risk Events as these embed
* Desire to learn new skills
* Action-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility
* Capable of working autonomously to deliver high quality, complete deliverables.
* Ability to negotiate and solicit engagement with peers, and experience of working with stakeholders up to VP level.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.