I.T Risk Analyst
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Ideal skills: I.T Risk and Control, Analysis, Reporting
Overall purpose of role:
* Barclays is strengthening its internal facing governance capabilities as a powerful means of developing a more holistic approach to governing security and addressing the growing need for external regulatory expectations to fit with the global nature of the business, operating model and risk appetite.
* The I.T Risk & Control Analyst is an integral member of the Governance and Control function who will provide co-ordination and support across multiple risk management processes. The role includes articulating findings via written and verbal methods.
* Responsible for life-cycle management of Issues and Risk Events, co-ordinating responses from the wider team to support GIS compliance against the Issues Management and Risk Events Standards.
* Performing analysis on data to produce tailored reports for the GIS Risk & Control meeting
* Identify risks/issues/trends
* Co-ordinate an agreed programme of regular monitoring and evaluation to ensure GIS processes align to Policies/Standards.
* Providing support to the Risk Event Co-ordinator in facilitation of Triage meetings and collation of required information in line with the Risk Event Standard.
* Maintain and improve process documentation for the Issues Management and Risk Events as these embed
* Provision of Issues, Actions and Risk Event MI to both senior executive and "grass roots" level to drive best practice and ensure clarity of the control across GIS.
* Provision of information or analysis in a timely manner to support scheduled weekly, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly risk reporting
* Desire to learn new skills.
* Action-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
* Capable of working autonomously to deliver high quality, complete deliverables.
* Ability to negotiate and solicit engagement with peers.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.