Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title: Head of Solutions Design (TCV - True Customer View)
Location: Radbroke, UK
TCV is a scalable and resilient Platform that:
* Provides a cost-effective centralised management function for Customer Data
* Provides an authoritative, consistent and trusted 360 view for each Customer.
* Provides a single place to apply regulatory requirements applicable to a Customer
* Supports straight through processing for automation of On-boarding
* Supports improvements to CRM by reliably delivering customer data 24*7 in a timely manner.
* Continuously improves the quality of customer related data to drive down processing and communication costs.
* Provides services to simplify operational processes in core customer data management and services.
* Manage and Lead the Solution Design function within the TCV Architecture and Design team
* Engage and partner with delivery groups to understand requirements, ensure alignment to the TCV strategy, principles and reference architecture, and assist in shaping the solution to achieve the objectives.
* Engage key stakeholders to understand and influence business environment and strategies and alignment to TCV and customer data strategy.
* Deliver communication sessions to Barclays Architecture Communities to promote a wide understanding of TCV strategy, reference architectures, current and future state. Use influencing and negotiation skills to drive adoption of the TCV principles of Customer Mastership and the TCV platforms in Business Unit projects.
* Support the TCV Impact Assessment process, delivering timely cost and resource estimates and impact statements for TCV project engagements.
* Manage a team of Solution Designers, ensuring they are appropriately skilled and productive, and conform to TCV RACI and processes and Barclays principles and standards
* Maintain the design team supply and demand view and prioritize projects accordingly.
* Analyze complex enterprise-wide programme requirements to determine potential solution approaches for cost, achievability, conformance to TCV reference architecture and strategy/roadmap. Work with the programme to select the right trade-offs in terms of long term strategy and short term business benefits.
* Shape programme E2E designs, and author TCV Component High-level designs to support the programme. Ensure non-functional requirements are correctly documented, assessed and implemented.
* Review and sign-off peer high level designs and related detailed designs prior to implementation
* Technology Decision Rights in relation to in scope area. Own escalations as necessary to discharge decision rights accountabilities.
* Monitor technology trends, innovations and key standards bodies for their application to Barclays bringing these to the attention of Architecture & Strategy Group leadership
* Identify & assess opportunities for technology innovation within BUK enterprise platforms, specifically look to take advantage of emerging open source technologies which provide competitive advantage or commercial license cost reduction.
* Extensive expert solution architecture and design skills with an understanding of major enterprise architecture frameworks / approaches, ideally on a global basis
* Track record of delivering change through distributed / virtual teams
* Expert presentation, communication and inter-personal skills, possibly gained through consulting experience.
* Influencing and negotiation skills to ensure Stakeholder buy-in at Managing Director and Director level
* Expert level knowledge in the area of Customer Data and Master Data Management and its use in Banking applications (e.g. KYC, Data Privacy, Matching/Merging)
* Expert level of knowledge in the application and development of J2E and ETL technologies in both SOA real-time and EAI architectures
* Excellent understanding of technology and its application, supported by good general knowledge of a global technology portfolio.
* Extensive experience in solution design and platform design as part of major IT systems for financial services
* Experience of agile and other iterative SDLC delivery methods
* Competence in the execution of substantial programmes of change within a global financial organization.
* Experience of technology management within a major financial services organization
* TOGAF Certified
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.