Head of I.T Risk and Control
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Ideal skills: Risk, Information Risk, Cyber Risk, Information
The job holder will be a member of the Central Information Risk Management Team responsible for the governance of Information Risk Management and Cyber Risk issues across Barclays Global Information Security (GIS).
Excellent opportunity for an Information Risk Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Technical Skills / Competencies
* Significant experience in an Information Risk background,.
* Experience of working within information risk field, including systems audit or internal controls, preferably in the financial sector.
* Thorough understanding of the information risk issues that are relevant to our business and financial services more widely.
* Experience of working within information security, including infrastructure security architectures and configurations, application/database security, encryption mechanisms, logical data/information storage techniques and mobile technologies.
* Must have experience of building and maintaining effective relationships at a senior level.
* Strong leadership skills, resilience, able to influence senior management when dealing with complex and competing objectives
* Demonstrable track record of strong team work and delivery, within and across departmental teams.
* Strong and successful matrix management experience
Information risk Management Expertise
Solutions Evaluation and Risk Assessment
* Undertake evaluation and assessment of technology and business initiatives for all aspects of information risk, providing guidance and recommendations on control requirements in accordance with policy, standards and risk appetite. This will include evaluation of technical aspects of solutions design, architecture, configuration and implementation, as well as business operations and processes.
* Ensure adequate monitoring capability is incorporated into solutions in order to provide information risk metrics and key risk indicators.
* Use risk management principles to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information is safeguarded in accordance with the bank's operating model and risk appetite.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.