Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
This newly-created, senior hands-on role will be responsible for hiring and leading an energetic team of API developers who will deliver solutions on a Java/OpenShift platform to enable internal systems, brokers and customers to engage with us quickly and seamlessly.
* Hands-on Java development to deliver both internal and external REST APIs to market via an API management platform
* Develop a detailed API delivery roadmap and lead design of each individual API
* Collaborate with other teams with responsibility for systems of record, UI components, etc. to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
* Establish a DevOps pipeline for APIs to optimize our build quality and time-to-market
* Hire, lead and mentor a team of talented API developers (expected around 5-10 headcount)
* Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
* Exceptional Java engineer with the ability to design and implement end-to-end solutions.
* Extensive experience developing and deploying REST APIs, and strong knowledge of relevant design patterns and security principles.
* Experience deploying externally-facing APIs with an API management platform such as MuleSoft, Apigee or Akana.
* Proven success establishing a CI/DevOps pipeline with git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts with clarity.
* Familiarity with a corporate environment and comfortable working within regulatory controls.
* Able to influence and drive change and improvement in the way the team develop software.
* Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, such as in an OpenShift environment.
* Familiar with component-based front-end development using Angular, React, or similar.
* Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
* With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
* All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
* To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity