The High Performance Computing and Grid Services team forms part of the Enterprise Services Middleware function. It supports distributed computing grids globally, providing compute services to clients in diverse businesses such as Equities, Fixed Income and FX as well as Middle Office risk functions.
The team offers design and build of new grid solutions as well as support for existing grid users using Tibco / DataSynapse GridServer as the underlying platform. Recent regulatory changes have placed renewed focus on risk calculations which is strongly driving grid expansion. In order to meet these changing demands the HPC team is investing heavily in its grid to streamline, automate and optimise our environment, emphasising a managed service model.
Purpose of the Role
This is a hands-on technical role for an experienced grid engineer providing technical design, build work and developer consultancy for HSBC's Enterprise Grid platform. The role is dedicated to the Risk global function and will support the design, build and migration to new grid infrastructure including optimising the grid and upgrading to current standards. This project is an enabler for major regulatory changes in the Risk space and is a key business deliverable.
HSBC is driving towards a consolidated enterprise grid architecture which will allow continued business growth maximising use of available resources while reducing cost and support overhead. This will require investment in technologies to enhance the grid service offering by creating an enterprise grid offering a scalable and supportable compute service to our clients.
* A track record of delivering in an enterprise service environment providing a managed service to multiple customers
* Experience of managing large Tibco / DataSynapse GridServer grids as a shared grid service
* Strong production focussed mind-set emphasising supportability, reliability and resilience
* Experience developing or supporting grid applications
* Tibco / DataSynapse GridServer 5.1 / 6.2
* Java, Powershell
* Log analysis tools (eg Splunk, Elastic search / Logstash / Kibana)
* Experience working with developers of grid clients
* Windows Server 2008R2/2012
* Enterprise monitoring tools such as Geneos, Ganglia
* Automated Configuration management tools - Ansible
Additional Beneficial Experience
* ITIL workflow, support experience
* Project management / delivery
* Devops techniques